Thursday, September 08, 2005

Boys and Babies

I'm feeling a little left behind. "Oldest" friend (we go back to 6th grade) just called and told me she's pregnant. And she let me know that one of my high school friends is engaged. T just told me last week that he's engaged as well! And I've had two other friends announce that they, too, will be having babies the beginning of next year! So now, not only is everyone getting married (I've been a part of 4 weddings in a year's time), they're having babies, too! Fortunately, this doesn't bother me much at all. I'm so excited to watch everyone fall in love and start their families. I know my time will come. But, it's a little strange when suddenly, within a year's time, your relationship with someone changes. You may grow completely apart because of a guy or you may just not be able to talk as much or hang out as randomly as you used to because of a husband or baby. I counted and realized that I have only two single friends left. Thankfully one of them is Best Friend, and I don't know what I would do without her. But, there's no more group of girls. There's no more dropping by AMC's (Awesome Married Couple) house all the time because the baby requires so much attention. Sometimes I kinda wish I could relate and chat about my husband or baby, but I don't have either. Not even a boyfriend. I love being single and so much enjoy my freedom. I've never been one to daydream about my husband when I have no idea who he is or what he'll be like. But, being single does mean that many of my friends are in a different place than I am. They're one or two "life steps" ahead of me. I would like to someday double-date with kid-less friends, but the chances of that happening are getting slim. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy attending more weddings and baby showers, and know that God's timing is so perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if only i was as patient as you...

Lindsay Blake said...

amen to bf. :)