Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks for Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving and the four wonderful days I spent in Williamsburg. There wasn't a moment I didn't feel a part of my roommate Katie's family, and I quickly understood why she was so excited to get home for the holiday.

The food was delicious, but the company was even better. I'm not sure I could've had a better time.

DSC_0723

In addition to celebrating Thanksgiving, we spent many hours watching football {War Eagle! and Go Big Red!} and relaxing. We spent Friday evening at Busch Gardens Christmas Town, admiring the lights, riding the free-falling roller coaster in the dark, watching Christmas shows, and drinking hot chocolate with a hint of peppermint. It was the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit!

We also strolled through Colonial Williamsburg, wandering into the cute little shops and observing the historic homes along the road.

Sadly, my camera died mid-upload, and I don't have any more pictures to share, save this one of my fabulous roommate.

I hope your Thanksgivings were as wonderful as mine!

{I have to admit that when the family was sending Katie's brother and sister-in-law off to the airport yesterday, I began to cry along with everyone else! I understood why they were so sad to say goodbye. :)}

DSC_0702

3 comments:

Saara said...

what kind of camera do u have? i think your pictures are really great! is it the camera or the photographer? :)

Anonymous said...

I love your roommate and I love your roommate's family and I love Williamsburg too. :) I'm so glad you got to spend it with them and in the town of my Alma Mater. :)

Katherine said...

awww, I'm glad you really had a good holiday with us! The Spencers love you and enjoyed having you around! :-)