Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

thanksgiving
Thanksgiving 2006 - Manchester, New Hampshire with Best Friend and her fiance's family

Hermie III
Thanksgiving 2007 - Austin and Houston, Texas with cousins

DSC_0002
Thanksgiving 2008 - Washington D.C./Bethesda, Maryland with cousins

Tomorrow, I'm off to Williamsburg, Virginia to celebrate the holiday with my roommate Katie's family.

I miss my family, but I'm excited.

This year, I'm thankful for Memorial Day weekend, because it completely changed the rest of my year.

I'm thankful for this cozy house.

For my fantastic roommates.

For the job I don't love . . or even really like anymore.

For the opportunity to visit new places.

For the healthy, beautiful baby born to my best friend.

And for the Lord's faithfulness to me when I am not faithful.

I'm thankful for clementines and Scrabble and dessert.

For pretty leaves in the fall and making it to the Big 12 Championship.

For wonderful friends and an even better family.

I'm thankful for the Lord's blessings and promises. I'm thankful that He's given me "everything I need for living a godly life".

And I'm thankful my future is in His hands.

Happy Thanksgiving! Be back on Monday!

Philippians 4:6
"Don't worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart."

Psalm 28:7
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

Colossians 3:17
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

I Thessalonians 5:18
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

No comments: