Tuesday, October 21, 2008

alone on the beach


I spent yesterday morning in Venice. A healthy and delicious brunch and a walk on the soft sandy beach. I did not want to leave. Really. I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE, could've sat there all day doing nothing but breathing in the ocean air. It was so peaceful, so quiet sitting there alone, listening to the huge waves crash against the shore. The weather has been perfect here - just enough breeze and plenty of sun. I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed the ocean as much as I did today. Maybe because I enjoyed it alone. I didn't have to talk to anyone or proclaim how beautiful it was, just delight in God's creation without saying a word.

Today I fly to Silicon Valley. Tomorrow it's up to San Francisco for five days! Then on to Vancouver, BC.

(If you live in the San Fran area, I should be free Wednesday evening to possibly meet up. I'm staying in the Fisherman's Wharf area.)

2 comments:

k said...

Glad you are enjoying your trip. You are going to love Vancouver - or at least I do!!

my life is brilliant said...

I LOVED my trip to Tahoe for Heather's wedding. I think part of the reason I loved it so much is because I went by myself. I knew people there, so I never felt alone even when I was by myself.

It was exactly what I needed, which was completely unexpected -- and made it all the better!