My brief time in L.A. could not have been more productive. That's how I like to do it when I'm visiting someplace new.
What I fit in:
- domino Bazaar, where I browsed some home goods, learned how to create two indoor succulent arrangements, and took a plant and organic tote home with me. That organic tote saved my life because my suitcase was already 51 pounds, and we all know it's not getting any lighter after 14 days of travel.
- visiting the beach in Santa Monica at sunset
- walking through the Third Street Promenade, eating a crepe for dinner and a delicious Nutella-filled, white chocolate-covered churro for dessert!
- driving through Hollywood after dark
- a drive to Malibu at sunrise, early brunch on the beach, views from the Pepperdine campus
- church in Bel Air with a friend's friend
- lunch at In-N-Out in Westwood, and an ice cream sandwich at Diddy Riese!, plus a stroll around the UCLA campus
- shopping on Melrose (just missed Scarlett Johannson)
- cupcakes at Sprinkles (peanut butter chocolate chip, red velvet, cinnamon sugar, and chocolate marshmallow)
- a stroll on Rodeo Drive
- a beer and calamari at a local place in Malibu as the sun set out the window behind me, and I made friends with my bartenders
- a fun night in West Hollywood with a new friend
- breakfast outside in Venice and some quiet time on the beach
I just arrived in San Francisco, and tonight's dinner, although more expensive than last night's, was delicious and worth it! Scallops, lobster, swordfish, and shrimp sauteed with onions and mushrooms in white wine and garlic on rice, served with penne pasta and vegetables. Followed by vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate sauce. . . followed by a trip to the exercise room!