Monday, November 19, 2007

First Day in Austin

I was anxious to get here, and it felt like the longest plane trip of my life! Waiting for me at the airport were Aunt Jill, Uncle Rich, and cousins Austin (13) and Christian (9). (Lynden (12) was at a sleepover.) They took me immediately to Chuy's, the original location, and I enjoyed the yummy yummy chips in their various salsas and the Chuy's Special enchilada with stacked blue corn tortillas and chicken. Of course I bought another shirt, too.

They own two specialty toy stores in the city, so we stopped at the warehouse to put together some boxes for orders that needed to go out the next day. Austin said, "You'd be surprised how boring a warehouse full of toys can be." But we made it fun while popping Hot Tamales and listening to the Bee Gees, Christian's current favorite. He does a great (and hilarious) job of singing along!

We stopped by Target and the video store before heading home to hang out for the rest of the night. Aunt Jill and I bought matching shirts that we may just have to wear together this week.

Their home is lovely, but I didn't expect anything else. They gutted a good portion of a it a few years ago and put in stained concrete floors and a stone pillar in the entryway. I love it!

I'm so thrilled that I get to spend eight more days here, but it's too bad I have to work for three of those. I'm hoping there won't be much to do!

Aunt Jill and I are off for a run! . . .

No comments: