Sunday, January 07, 2007

writing

Sometimes I just want to write. Not crappy writing. Good writing. Writing about memories. Going deep, digging it all up, and serving it real. Unedited.

Always I wish I was a better writer. I want a teacher to make me write again and grade me on it. Bring on the red marks. Challenge me.

It's always at work that I want to write. I feel the creativity surging through my veins. It feels bottled up. But I have work to do. And if I decided to write a paragraph, it would turn into ten. Then I go home at night . . and food sounds good. Exercise is important. Running errands must be done. And before I know it, I'm in bed again at the end of the day, and the urgency to write has subsided like hunger pangs that eventually go away.

3 comments:

my life is brilliant said...

I know what you mean about wanting to write at work. I think I feel that way because I'm thinking about things I'd rather be doing or people I'd rather be with than being alone in my office. My mind wanders a lot more. Once I get home, it's dinner, gym, shower, laundry and things like that that get my time. And relaxing and TV, obviously. A girl needs to unwind!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Yeah. I've written a million award winning posts in my head but somehow they never make it to my blog. Sigh.

Courtney said...

I could not agree more - SO MUCH gets bottled up in my head, because I just don't have time to put it down on paper. I'm lucky if I get one quality, cathartic, post every few months. UGH! I keep saying I'll write more when xyz settles down - but then something else comes up. If only I could freeze time for a few hours a day...