Monday, January 29, 2007

I rocked the box

Last weekend, I spent every waking moment with my Bible study girl friends.

Friday night was dinner at a Mexican cafe, followed by late night bowling on the nearby Army base.

Saturday was Disney Day, beginning at 11am and lasting through the afternoon. Cars, Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, all watched in our pajamas. And plenty of snacks, of course. That night, Bruin Girl got a few of us tickets to the Kennedy Center . . seated in the President's box! Champagne bottles with the Presidential seal. Red, white, and blue M&Ms specially boxed with the seal as well. And the best part?? That feeling I felt when I sat there, like a queen on her throne - there, in the very place many Presidents have sat before . . the toilet. The girls and I finished the night with yet another movie, The Guardian, and burgers and fries from Five Guys - yum!!

Sunday, after church, we began another Disney Day. Cinderella, Oliver & Company, Rescuers Down Under. We grabbed sandwiches from our favorite sandwich place and just laid low. Feeling incredibly lazy, we headed to the pool and swam laps for awhile only to come back and watch yet another movie.

Pretty much a weekend of perfection.














In Georgetown, taking a movie break and walking the dog that The President gave my friend.

4 comments:

Liz said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend! I am so jealous!!

Morgan said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend?

PS Did you ever get your laundry back? I hope so!

Morgan said...

That first question mark was supposed to be an exclamation. Sorry.

my life is brilliant said...

How fun! And what a neat experience.

I totally love Disney movies. That would've been an awesome weekend!