Sunday, January 07, 2007

2006 Survey

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
The better question is: What did I do in 2006 that I HAD done before. My life totally changed. I’d never lived out of state, and I lived in San Diego temporarily and Washington D.C. permanently. I flew 11 times. I visited 26 states, twelve that I’d never been to before. Much of this was due to my cross-country trip.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, although I wanted to find a better job and I certainly did that. I will set goals this year, too. I want (no I NEED) to get in shape for BF's wedding in June. I'd like to create a budget, save, be smart financially, and worthy of God entrusting me with more. I need to set goals for work, become more organized, etc. And most importantly, I want to know the Lord more intimately than ever before (this year I certainly did nothing to make that happen).

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? yes, two friends had boys

4. Did anyone close to you die? no

5. What countries did you visit? mexico

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
more money-ha! no seriously, it’s expensive to live out here. I’d also like to make more friends who are like-minded. I love my girl friends here, but at times we are not quite on the same page.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? There are so many things I will remember about 2006. It was one of the best years of my life in many respects. Specific dates? My birthday was great. Fourth of July was fun.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My job.

9. What was your biggest failure? Some compromises regarding moral convictions; being a hypocrite more times than I'd like to remember

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no, I don’t remember ever being sick

11. What was the best thing you bought? my digital camera, furniture, my Citizen jeans (new fave pair)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Rochester for taking care of me/looking out for me

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some of my Bible study friends who don’t seem to want to practice what they say they believe. Sometimes my own behavior left me appalled as well.

14. Where did most of your money go? moving and starting new in D.C.; plane tickets

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? my new job, all my trips

16. What song will always remind you of 2006? sexy back

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? a little fatter
c) richer or poorer? I feel poorer now that I live out here

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? exercising! and spending time with the Lord

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? drinking for sure and hanging out with boys that I clearly had no future with

20. How did you spend Christmas? with my family

21. Did you fall in love in 2006? no i did not

22. How many one-night stands? ew, zero

23. What was your favorite TV program? greys anatomy

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no

25. What was the best book you read? drawing near by john bevere

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? hmm, I like Corinne bailey rae

27. What did you want and get? My job

28. What did you want and not get? a higher salary

29. What was your favorite film of this year? not sure; I liked the Break-up

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 25 and went to an upscale restaurant, ate and drank wine to my heart’s content with 4 of my friends, one of which picked up the entire tab!

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
pursuing the Lord more, definitely

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? i call my style "contemporary classic" :) . . this year my tastes continued to get more expensive

33. What kept you sane? my co-workers who are great to work with; new friends; getting to see BF so much

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? no one in particular

35. What political issue stirred you the most? i don't want to get into it

36. Who did you miss? family and friends at home

37. Who was the best new person you met?
BF's boyfriend turned fiance and his family

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. I now know why drinking and nonChristian boys (not even necessarily at the same time) are a bad idea. I now know that those things certainly don't satisfy. I always knew those things, but now I (unfortunately) know from personal experience.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

It sounds like God is speaking so much to you. It's so true that a lot of time we have to learn from exerience.

Anonymous said...

I whole heartedly agree about 12. Geez.

Call me if you change your mind about dinner. Feel better.