Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day!

I returned to D.C. yesterday (New Year's Eve). Reluctantly. I had such a great time at home for 8 days. Yet it wasn't long enough. Well . . long enough to make me not want to return to work tomorrow.

Wishing I was spending New Year's Eve with friends in Omaha, I headed out with 13 girls to try to have $35 worth of fun (as that was the cost of my ticket). I didn't have a drop of alcohol, but instead watched every one of the girls get drunk. I was so happy with my decision to ring in the New Year without vodka and cranberry - (in fact, I am so sick of the bar scene that I don't care if I ever have a drink again). The crazy thing is that not drinking doesn't keep the boys away at all. In fact, they seem to be quite fascinated by it. For instance, last night I met a cute boy who decided to spend the entire night with me and quit drinking at 11:00 upon learning that I was going drink-free. We had a blast dancing . . proving everyone in the bar wrong as we 'loosened up' while staying completely sober.

Today I began the New Year with a workout, a full day of watching bowl games and the movie "Step Up" with my friends, and an entire Burrito Ultimo from Baja Fresh (the "entire" part was a mistake).

Tomorrow it's back to work after nearly two weeks off. I'm anxious-nervous about starting 2007. I'll write more later.

Happy New Year Everyone!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like a great time!!

I've figured out what is up with your archive. Shoot me an email at gsufan@gmail.com, and I'll send you the updated version that you can add to your template. Sorry it's taken me soooo long to look into it ... it's been bugging me since before my vacation!

Happy New Year!!

k said...

happy new year!

best part about an alcohol free new years eve is a hangover free new years day!

Courtney said...

Happy New Year!!!

(So, any phone number exchanges with the dance floor boy?)

:)

my life is brilliant said...

I totally had the same question as Courtney, but she beat me to it!