Friday, January 19, 2007

coach

“I have some very exciting news to share with you,” she said over the phone. “God is so good.”

Fear gripped my heart. She was leaving me. That’s what it was. My teacher, my mentor, my friend. Not just my co-worker. My encourager, my challenger, and the one who believed in me. She was brilliant. With people, with strategies, with tactics – just brilliant.

“I’ve been given a position in a different division of the company . . where I can train those coming into the company, where I can invest in them.” And that’s what she does. She invests in people and cares about people. She appreciates their value. She sees them. So it’s perfect. Less stressful, too. And tailored to the person that she is.

“I’m not leaving you,” she said. “My door will still be open.” My throat was tight, and the tears wanted to come. “Stop being so selfish. Stop being so scared,” I told myself. But what would I do without the one who gets me? Who sees my strengths and weaknesses. Who hates that I don’t micro-manage, but likes me anyway. Who trusts me with things and builds my confidence. What would I do?

I will find out.

One thing I know. God will take care of me just as he is taking care of her. My company is already great, but with her in this new position, it will only get better.

3 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Yay! And sad for you at the same time. It's so great to have someone like that close by, but now she'll be able to pass that on to others as well.

my life is brilliant said...

It'll work out great, I'm sure. I really like your last paragraph. What a great attitude to take!

Anonymous said...

You are a survivor. The Lord WILL see you through. Maybe her replacement will be a hot sexy guy who loves the Lord. You never know what HE has in store for your future!?