Friday, December 01, 2006

a very unjuicy post

My one chance to have a night at home relaxing (or actually cleaning my room) this week was ruined when New Girl convinced me to go to the dinner our department was hosting. If I went, it meant I’d have to host a table. It also meant I’d get to see a bunch of people I met in Milwaukee (for the conference) last month . . plus I’d get to meet more people. To network or not to network . . that was the question.

“Iiiii don’t think I wanna go”, I said not very convincingly.

“L, you might as well just give in now, because you know I’m going to convince you to go,” she said.

I ended up having a fabulous time. I did meet new people and see familiar faces, not to mention have a delicious Chinese dinner (and I’m not even a Chinese fan). The best dish looked absolutely disgusting. It was an actual whole fish (tail and all) with sauce all over it. The outside was crunchy with the most delicious, tender white meat on the inside. It was so strange, though, breaking off a piece of the fish to put on your plate! After dinner, four of us (from my department) took off our “work hats” and put on our “friend hats” and told stories about work. My (probably future) boss even told me her first thoughts upon interviewing me.

So The Lobbyist gave me a ride home from work last night. And it was good. Sometimes he acts all “I’m cool and can still act young and fun and not 35”, which I don’t like, but last night he was totally himself, and we had a nice talk on the ride home. So far everything he says leads me to believe he’s solid in his walk with God, so . . . good! we can be friends. Don't know if it will ever be more than that, but I just love getting to know other people who have a passion for the Lord!

I'm completely stressed and upset right now about reasons I can't write about since I know way too many people who read this blog (Dangit, this blog would be much juicier and real if it was more private). I'm going for a run.

4 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Oh man I'm all for juiciness ;) ! But this works. Glad you went and had a good time! I LOOVE Chinese but I don't think I'd be brave enough to try that - I don't eat anything that comes from the sea. Or the lake for that matter.

s said...

hope the run helped!

Alyssa said...

Great now you know I am going to be here all night thinking about what the juicy stuff is. What can I say I am just nosey like that. Well since you are a very smart girl who is very in touch with the Lord I am sure you will work through what ever it is. You never cease to amaze me!

a tall sassy gal said...

man i want to know the dirt....hehehe