Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bake-Off

As if I needed another excuse to make pumpkin cookies, we had a Holiday Cookie Bake-Off at work yesterday. Now we don’t half-a$$ anything over here, so even when it comes to having a little fun, we do it right. The coordinators of the competition explained the rules (there were seven), chose a “panel of experts” to judge the cookies, and laid out the judging criteria. Name and cookie creativity were strongly encouraged. And over 20% of our office participated! My favorites were probably the “Gingerbread Clients” which were huge gingerbread men with our clients’ logos done in frosting! I also liked the “Holiday Burgers”, although I suggested the baker be disqualified since no actual baking was involved. They are actually vanilla wafers with a thin mint in the middle and (I think) layers of frosting. I enjoyed watching people cautiously try my cookies (appearances can be deceiving), really like my cookies and then tell the person next to them.





















4 comments:

k said...

Yum! I love Christmas cookies!! I have already warned The Boy that I might weigh 10 pounds more when I come back from Christmas break

a tall sassy gal said...

Wow sounds so yummy!!!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Yummmm. Now I want to do another baking day!

my life is brilliant said...

Those mini burgers are so cute! I still want the recipe for your pumpkin cookies. They have to be delicious!