Sunday, November 19, 2006

What a difference a workout makes

Just to give you a picture of what my weekend has looked like thus far:

I did, in fact, see the new James Bond flick with BSG. I thought it was great and definitely recommend it if you're into that type of movie. We grabbed a bite to eat at Clyde's afterward and, I somehow missed it before, but they have the best fries ever!

Saturday morning, I slept until 11am. Sad. But what's worse is that I then spent a good three hours in my pajamas on the internet. I cleaned out my closet and put a decent sized dent in it so my clothing now barely fits, as opposed to not fitting at all. I did attend the karaoke fundraiser, but no singing for me. Our group of four went on to a couple of other bars and before we knew it, it was after 1am. I got on the internet again and didn't get to sleep until 3am. . .

Which means that I slept until NOON today. NOON. And then spent another two hours in my
pajamas on the internet.

My point is that my weekend has been highly unproductive. Lazy. And a good indication that, in addition to having a shopping addiction, I have also formed a dependency to my computer.

The amazing thing is that once I forced myself into my workout clothes and up the three flights of stairs to the exercise room I felt a sudden burst of energy. After an hour of calorie burning, I went back to my apartment and accomplished more in one hour than I had in the last 48. I finished cleaning my closet, finished emptying out my suitcase (and yes, it's been 6 days since I've been back), made an important phone call to Southwest, and ate a healthy meal.

So get off the internet, Friends! and go work out!

6 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Funny that is what I need to be doing. B has been working all day so I have been lazy while he works.

s said...

ahh i need to do that more often. how jealous am i that your gym is in your building? i spent a majority of today in my pj's searching the internet, but in my defense i have a horrible tootache that is making my whole head want to explode.

Pink Sun Drops said...

I love working out if only for that reason of getting a burst of energy alone! The hard stomach is nice too :) . I cleaned my closet this week too. Yay for clean closets!

Anonymous said...

ooooh I am so dependent on the internet. It's sick, I tell you! I force myself to put AWAY the laptop and get my booty movin!

my life is brilliant said...

But I just CAME from the gym! I am getting up, though, to get some ice cream. :) I earned it!

(And I cleaned out my closet on Friday! Yay for being productive!)

k said...

my internet is down at home and i am on internet withdrawl (despite the fact that I have one here at school). starting today though, i am on a 4 days a week workout schedule!!