Thursday, November 09, 2006

Running on low fuel

*Sigh* I'm home! Back for my cousin's wedding and to see my family and friends.

I pulled an all-nighter on Election Night and hung out with The Lobbyist and a co-worker. I learned how to play craps and blackjack and had some more good conversation with The Lobbyist until he drove me to the aiport at 5am. I think he thinks I think he's too old (based on a few comments he's made). It's not his age that bothers me; I'm just not sure . . don't know if we'll get together back in D.C. or not. We did exchange emails yesterday. We'll see . .

The twelve hour travel day wasn't so awful. It's the first time I've been able to sleep well on a plane. I actually slept through the entire take-off twice! The worst part of the day involved TSA (shocker!). The lip gloss that had made it's way past security on my first flight somehow couldn't make it through on the way back. I cried out, "But this is my absolute favorite lip gloss of all time; and it's been discontinued!" (and that's a direct quote). The guy must've thought I was crazy. I turned around and headed to the gift shop for a ziplock bag. The gift shop was closed. I ripped open a plastic utensils bag, threw the lip gloss inside and hurried back to the security line. Not good enough. I turned around again, ran back to the check-in and asked United to please throw my lip gloss into one of my checked bags. Ridiculous.

Back in Nebraska, I met up with my parents, sister, and two grandmothers for my favorite Mexican food, including the best fried ice cream in the world! Today I've had lunch with Uptown Grandma and I'm headed to Omaha to meet up with a few friends (separately) today. I thought I was caught up on sleep but suddenly I'm beginning to feel pretty tired.

6 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Wow TSA frustrates me 2. Enjoy your time at home!

Courtney said...

Seriously - this whole thing with lip gloss not being allowed on planes is starting to make my blood boil. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!??? HOW MANY TERRORISTS DO WE REALLY THINK WE ARE STOPPING BY NOT ALLOWING *LIP GLOSS* ON A PLANE WITHOUT A ZIPLOC BAG!!!!!!!! Gahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhh!!!

Ok, rant complete.

:)

s said...

hope you are having a relaxing time at home. sorry about the lip-gloss totally lame tsa, come on lip gloss?

Liz said...

Wow... I haven't tried flying in awhile. I think you're great for being able to deal with that so well. How frustrating!

my life is brilliant said...

I hope your lip gloss makes it!

No wonder you're tired -- all that traveling, and so little sleep!

Cady said...

tsa is a pain in the butt. i had to have my bag searched because i had contact solution (which is allowed). i hope you're having a fun time at home!