Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Waupaca

I've traveled here (Waupaca, Wisconsin) with 6 other DC folks, one being New Girl. Despite the lack of local volunteers, which leaves us with even more work to do, things have gone well. We've spent our days knocking on doors and reminding our supporters to vote tomorrow. We've called them, too. Our nights have been spent at the local bars, playing fussball, shooting pool, telling stories, and my favorite . . . singing karaoke. One of the many highlights has been New Girl getting hit on by a very large, large man (375 lbs. large) who told her, "I bet I can guess your weight by picking you up". Talented people these Wisconsinites.

As I'm sure you know, tomorrow is Election Day! I'm excited - nervous excited. Don't forget to go out and vote Everyone! . . unless you plan to vote for a Democrat, hehe. I'm not saying that I would never vote for a Democrat. I always take all the issues into consideration. However, Nancy Pelosi scares the crap out of me and there are too many important issues at stake in this election to not vote the party line. Again, so sad I can't vote! If I were actually voting this year (in Nebraska), I would vote for Pete Ricketts - not because I don't like Ben Nelson, but because you can't completely claim to be an independent when you have a D behind your name and you work in D.C. Partisanship is a big deal. Not to mention the fact that Ricketts is a good guy. He has some good ideas, a solid background in business, and the ability to partner with Senator Hagel, a fellow Nebraska Senator, in looking out for our state.

With that, I'm headed to bed.

3 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Nancy scares me too. Let's just pray that Americans still have have good morals.

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better girly. Everyone is going nuts here with the voting today!! It's so exciting!

my life is brilliant said...

I voted today! I thought of you, though, because I'd really rather have voted in Oklahoma rather than Texas. :( Oh, well. The guy I would have voted for in OK will win, and the person I voted for in Texas won't. Life goes on. I did my part.

And don't count out the guys with receding hairlines. K is five years older than me, which isn't bad. He has a receding hairline. When I met him, he was wearing a hat. The next day, I saw him without it and was like, That's not the same guy ... Obviously, I wouldn't mind if he didn't have a receding hairline, but it doesn't matter. He's still gorgeous, and I have enough hair for both of us anyway.