Thursday, November 02, 2006

Off to Wisconsin

So I currently have FOUR flight itineraries sitting in my inbox. Coincidentally, I have THREE flight itineraries sitting on my credit card. Ouch! Gonna have to take care of that asap . . like by maybe winning the lottery. I couldn’t not buy one of those plane tickets, because #1. I want to see my cousin get married and visit all my friends that I have not seen in almost 5 months, #2. I have to celebrate Thanksgiving with a family even if it’s not my family, and #3. obviously, I have to go home for Christmas. I found a Christmas flight for only $232 which is as cheap as you'll ever get to go home, but when I selected it, it jumped to $536. There is no way! I don’t love my family that much (just kidding, family . . but seriously, I wouldn’t pay that much). Thanks to BSG’s mention of kayak.com, I found the cheapest available flight out of all the travel websites. So for $355, I’m going home for the holidays next month. I sure hope they don’t expect me to bring any Christmas gifts.

My first of four trips is tomorrow as I fly out to lovely Wisconsin to campaign. I was hoping to get my things together last night, but my roommate, sick with mono, went to bed at 7pm so it was lights out . . . and suddenly sharing a room became very inconvenient. Tonight, I hauled to get home before she did to basically call dibs on the room, which means lights on until I was done packing! Did I mention that I am now sick, too? Perfect timing since I’ll be traveling for 11 days. Ugh. I only have 8 ½ days of work left this month, which is insane! My company is so great; they’re giving us the entire week off for Thanksgiving (and Christmas, too). . so between that and my travels this coming week, only two weeks of work in November! Honestly, I think I'm going to feel so lazy not being at work . . but I can handle lazy just this once.

*Hopefully I'll be able to post before I get to Nebraska, but I might be too busy eating cheese (and taking pictures of myself eating cheese) to post these next five days in Wisconsin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zicam plus Airborne equals well! Trust me. BSG

Cady said...

i'm glad you're going to get to go home for christmas! have fun in wisconsin and on your other trips!

my life is brilliant said...

Wow! You're a busy girl.

P.S. A week off for Christmas AND Thanksgiving? I only get one day off. What company do you work for.

Do they have an opening?