Thursday, August 24, 2006

Recap

All my blog has become is a weekend recap. I feel like such a bore.

Last weekend's highlights were:

-Dinner at Cheesecake Factory with roommates KT and EB and Bible study girls

- Dancing at Club Five (except for the fact that I don't do techno, which was mostly what it was) . . . (oh, and the fact that we went with a guy who is incredibly good-looking, smart med student, built . . and he knew it)

- Cooked dinner with KC, our neighbor Black Belt, and a Bible study girl (who just could be my new good friend, because she is so nice and fun). Black Belt did a few kicks for us, at my request . . ok, I pretty much begged him to do it . . along with the splits . . Then, we laughed after he left.

- New friend, MC, and I went to a Southern Baptist church Sunday morning bright and early at 8am . . . and it was an hour away!

- The rest of my Sunday I was trying to recup from the weekend. Napping made it worse.

This week was great. I don't know why I dread the week starting when I like my job, but I do.
Today, I joined a women's Republican group. My co-worker, Good Ol' Boy, invited me to a luncheon they were having. He was the only male there. It was no accident. It was strategic. The guy has lunch with a different girl every day. I made friends with a girl minutes upon arriving and once we returned to the office, he wanted her email address. "She is my friend!" I exclaimed. "She's not just another girl for you to have lunch with." Sure enough, he found her info online and shot her an email . . which I must say was good. He's good. He's smooth. He's witty. He makes me want to puke.

Anyway, I feel pretty special now that I'm a "member" of a group. This means I'll get special invites and discount prices to events. Woo-hoo. I got the first invite today at the luncheon. It was in a pretty envelope and I knew before I opened it that I wanted to go. A fundraiser gala . . at the Ritz! How fun! Only, this one doesn't really involve a discount . . hence the word fundraiser. In fact, it's $175 to get in the door. Hmm, plane ticket home? or ticket to gala that I'll have to buy a new dress for? Tough decision.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh no! You joined the wrong group! ;)
But it's great that you're getting involved! And every time you mention The Cheesecake Factory, I have to plan my next visit! If only Chattanooga had one and I didn't have to drive all the way to Atlanta!!

Anonymous said...

Your recaps are fun to read. I love all the thoughts you insert in!