1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I did a little traveling solo. Granted it was only a couple of days, but being the social person that I am, it was kind of a big deal!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I will say the very same thing I said last year: Rather than resolving to do something, which only works if I've decided to go shopping or let myself indulge in sweets, I like to reflect on my year, take note of my failures or areas I could improve, and then purpose to do so in the coming year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Four of my friends had babies this year! Babies Londyn, Maya, Mia, and Colton.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
no, praise God
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Canada count? I visited twice: Toronto and Vancouver.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Last year I said I want closer friends here in D.C., people I can do nothing with and love every second of it. And I definitely got that this year. In 2009, it would be nice to have a boyfriend. There, I said it. Ugh. I certainly don't need one, and I'm having a blast on my own, but sometimes . . I think it could be nice. Sometimes I get tired of doing different things with different people all the time. I'd rather do different things with the same person.
Other than that, I'd love to have my own room again. I've been sharing one for 2 1/2 years. It's been wonderful, but having a space to make my own would be great! Ideal scenario: I find a fantastic girl who has a cute couch and a television to contribute, but other than that will let me decorate. We find an affordable, cute apartment within walking distance to a metro and less than 2 miles from where I currently live. Ha! I can dream.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 5th, my little sister's wedding and June 2nd, the first day at my new job
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
There are a few things I accomplished at my new job that I'm pretty proud of. In fact, I am pretty thrilled that I scored the job I did. But I view that as more of a miracle of God than my own achievement. :)
9. What was your biggest failure?
I failed to resist the smooth moves of The Texan again. But God rescued me quickly!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had tendonitis in my foot, and I sprained my ACL.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my Nikon D60
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My entire family for actively loving someone that previously caused us a lot of pain and strife
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No depression, but I was seriously disappointed in learning some things about The Kansan. I still think he's a "good guy", but I would advise all women to steer clear until he figures out what he wants and stops leading on a handful of women at a time.
14. Where did most of your money go? Plane tickets, MacBook, D60 - ouch!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? my sister's wedding and all the water-skiing I got to do
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"Dance Forever" - Chris Brown
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? happier b) thinner or fatter? thinner c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, exercising, and serving
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Nothing. I did way too much of nothing this year, which translates into letting the computer suck hours and hours of sweet, precious time from my life, time I can't ever have back! Gah!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my family, and it was wonderful
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
seriously? of course not.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office once again
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I'm not struggling with any extreme dislike for anyone.
25. What was the best book you read?
Another ridiculous year for reading. I was determined to finish 1,000 page "Master of the Senate", but although it's an excellent book, it's not one you can't put down. Because of my (failed) determination, I refused to join the Barnes and Noble book club and buy any more books until I finished the big one. I'm not even half way through it! I won't make the same mistake this year. I did read a couple of additional books, but none worth mentioning. However, an excellent devotional I recommend is "Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice" by Dallas Willard and Jan Johnson.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Radiohead and Taylor Swift
27. What did you want and get?
I finally got the D60, which has been at the top of my want list forever.
28. What did you want and not get?
Nothing is coming to mind.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
"What Happens in Vegas" - watched it four times. And just last week while hanging with my girlfriends, I suggested we go over to a guy's house and "junk punch him in his man business". "YOU KNOW WHY!"
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and my birthday gift was a plane ticket to visit BF and her husband. We spent the weekend at their beach house, and hanging out in Boston, Portsmouth, Newburyport, and York, Maine.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had paid off more of my debt like I hoped to.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Trying to be a little trendy. I bought quite a few trendy pieces this year that it was fun to mix and match with my classic stuff.
33. What kept you sane?
Jesus. I spent the first five months of the year looking for a job, and the last seven in a new, challenging position. He is definitely the only thing that kept me sane.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I still love Steve Carrell
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I got pretty fired up as Election Day drew near.
36. Who did you miss?
I always miss my family and friends. I missed not having as many visitors this year. My dad came out in March, but that is it!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
My guy friend, Georgia. He is awesome. He gives me hope.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
I learned that God is wow, such an incredible provider, and He truly doesn't withhold anything good from those who have committed their lives to Him.
39. Highlights: My trip to California, my sister's wedding and the 4th of July in Nebraska, all the water-skiing, being back in Memorial Stadium after a few years, my softball league, meeting New York Yankees, a week in Orlando with friends, hiking in Shenandoah, visiting BF . . too many highlights!