Thursday, January 01, 2009

Go Big Red!

I love old pictures, especially those that offer a little life foreshadowing. This photo was taken on January 1st, 1985. I was about 3 1/2 years old, and I swear I remember it. Bowl games at Grandma's house were just one of many family traditions, complete with yummy snacks and man-wrestling on the floor after each touchdown. The only thing that is glaringly wrong in this photo is the lavender ensemble I've got on. My parents claimed they were too poor to afford a Husker outfit. All I have to say to that is: Priorities, people, priorities.

It feels good to be playing in a bowl game on January 1st again, (something we, Husker fans, used to take for granted). It will feel even better to win.

2 comments:

Jenni Lynn said...

this photo is awesome! it doesn't really look like you though.... are you sure it's really you?

my life is brilliant said...

This is such a cute picture!