Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Crazy Daydreaming

Lately I've been living in Hypothetical Land. A case of homesickness came on strong recently, and I've been obsessing over the future and all the 'what ifs'. Even though I know I have choices, I still feel out of control (which makes sense because I gave God control of my life). I chose to come here, but it was totally God's idea, believe me, and it was a great one and proof that He made me and He knows exactly what is best for me. I take things day by day, and He just keeps paving the way and providing whatever I need. So why am I so focused lately on where I'll be in a year or five years (especially when I'm totally happy right now)? I don't know. But honestly I'm glad I'm not in control, because I have no clue what the right decisions would be. Sure I have things I want and ideas about what I'd like life to be like someday, but He knows way better than I. Phew.

2 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Awesome post. Hang on to that girl. I need to read this right now too. I have been SO homesick lately. On top of that not wanting to be where I'm at right now and wondering where the heck it's taking me and where we'll end up. But am totally happy. Go figure.

a tall sassy gal said...

Always a good reminder he is in control. Thanks for that! Praying for you!