Sunday, September 10, 2006

Memories of SD














If you're going to speed, you may want to save it for a big city, because cops in the Midwest live to catch speeders . . even if it only means 5 over. We happened to be going 90 in a 70, but fortunately slowed to 75ish before the patrolman clocked us. Funny thing is, I knew this would happen at some point in the trip. Just didn't know it would be on the first trip up to the Fair.

I don't know about you, but I've never had to sit in a cop-car before. But this officer asked my co-worker to come back to the police car as he wrote out the ticket. During this time, she strategically asked if he would be voting "Yes" on the initiative we were there to plug. He said yes. Our boss said he'd pay for the ticket.















We stayed in Mitchell (pop. 14,000) and somehow didn't get over to see the famous Corn Palace until the last day. Though I wouldn't make it a vacation destination, the corn murals were pretty neat. And they change them every year.














My favorite food stand on the fairgrounds. I can't bring myself to try to deep fried candybar yet, but if they send me to another fair someday, I might have to. S'mores on a stick looked good, too, but the boy working the stand said "those didn't work out".













Just driving down the highway.














Yay for seeing my family. I suppose I could lose the sticker now.














Diamond Rio could've played a little longer, but it was a fun concert. We ended up down in the mud in front of the stage, singing in the rain at the top of our lungs. It was great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love pictures! Argh for small town cops.