Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Uneaten Cookies

Does anyone want to come over and help me polish off my Girl Scout cookies? If you can believe it, I've eaten about five cookies, out of THREE boxes in the past few weeks. I just feel too guilty to indulge. I'm amazed at my own self-control really. I mean, we're talking Girl Scout cookies! I'm afraid they'll actually go bad before I finish them. Yet when given the opportunity to take them over to a gathering of friends, I get selfish, not wanting to share. Because once they're gone, they're gone. And that is probably the real reason I won't eat them. I'm afraid of using them up. It's like my favorite pair of shoes. I won't wear them, because I don't want to wear them out.

Ridiculous, I know. But if you came for a visit, I would definitely share.

Have you finished yours yet? If so, you may need to make your own. I found a couple of recipes over at Baked Perfection, and although I haven't tried them myself, I'm going to take this girl's word for it. I'll just file them away until my cookies go bad and try to recreate the deliciousness in my own kitchen.

Which are your favorite? Samoas? Thin Mints? I'm hoping she'll post a recipe for Tagalongs next. Mmmm. Maybe I'll have just one before bed.

No comments: