Thursday, March 26, 2009

Busy Days, Relaxing Nights

"Girl, you're gonna have your hands full," said my new colleague.

I've got twelve hours under my belt in the new position, and so far so . . stressful. Kidding. A little.

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic here. I can be, but I'm not. The busyness is a welcome change to the boredom I've had for the past few weeks. This gig will be a good challenge for me, and I know I'll learn a lot. It's so much different than anything I've done before, and to be honest, I'm still surprised that I even want to do it. We'll see if I'm still saying that in a couple weeks.

The hours will be longer, which is fine. I already feel as though there aren't enough hours in an evening, but perhaps this will give me a new perspective. I've savored the past two evenings, soaking up time with people I love, spending time with my Father, and re-charging my batteries.

I caught up on my favorite night-time drama, "Friday Night Lights", with the girls last night, laughing, sharing sushi, and enjoying a dessert of ice cream sandwich bites covered in berries and whipped cream.

Tonight I baby-sat the little girls I love. We ate moist, delicious two-layer chocolate cake and played with each others' hair.

I feel so blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ice cream sandwich bites covered with berries?! mm sounds delicious!!