Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I love Google!

Due to lack of love life, I’m living vicariously through my friend right now. She’s out in San Francisco and was just asked on her first date since moving there four months ago. I got the scoop on the guy from her, tried to see his tiny picture on Facebook, but then decided to do a little research on my own. Much to her surprise, I sent her an email the day of her date letting her know at which law firm he worked, how long he had practiced law, where he attended undergrad and law school, and that his childhood friend was a Marine who sadly lost his life in Iraq a couple of years ago.

“I’m confused. If he’s still practicing law, why did he tell me he’s involved in football recruitment.”

“He does entertainment law.”

If anyone needs me to do some snooping, I charge by the hour.

Speaking of a love life and me not having one, The Kansan is actually still in the picture. As a friend. One that consistently asks me to hang out (just the two of us) about every other week or so and occasionally calls me to see how my day was. Strangest thing I’ve ever experienced with a guy, but I feel like I’m on the exact same page. I really enjoy just being his friend . . and hearing how awesome and smart I am on a regular basis is pretty nice, too. We agree on everything from politics to our least favorite college football division, which makes for great conversation. Plus he brings me free copies of US Weekly (sent to his house’s previous tenant) every time we hang out. It’s a pretty sweet deal if you ask me! Now if he would only invite me to see Coldplay with him next month . .

4 comments:

k said...

I am totally a google snoop too!

The Kansan totally gets bonus points for the US Weekly!

lisa said...

nice snooping job! I saw on hula's comments that you are looking for a photobooth in the dc area. I believe there are several at the smithsonian, but it's been several years since I've been there. check out photobooth.net.

my life is brilliant said...

You're awesome at the google snooping! I'm impressed!

I'm going to see Coldplay in November, and I'm so excited!!!

Brett G said...

I do that at work during phone calls when a sponsor gets a little snippy or when they sound young. I'll type their name in Google search. I find they have a facebook account, so I send them a link to the work site on facebook. Sometimes I'll make a random comment on their blog, make them a bit spooked. Haha.