Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Being neighborly

I made friends with my neighbors this weekend. Basically a bunch of working boys still living a frat-tastic lifestyle . . which is why I hadn’t already accepted their invitations to come over.

But Saturday night, I was all dressed up with nowhere to go. They caught me in the hallway and introduced me to a couple of other girls coming to their party, so I thought, “Eh, why not. I’ll be neighborly and check out their place for a few minutes.”

Five HOURS later, I had met over a dozen people, danced up a storm, gotten a couple marriage proposals after showcasing my rap skillz, and played pool across the street with my two favorites.

The following morning, after returning home from church, I got a knock on my door and an invitation to spend the gorgeous afternoon on the Potom@c on their new boat!


Being neighborly = very good idea.















Georgetown Waterfront - You can find me here this summer. Lots of great restaurants and bars. "The place to be."








Wow, this is the first time I've posted a picture of anyone who doesn't read my blog. Shhh, don't tell her. But this picture was just too cool to not post. Despite the nerdy sunglasses that looked way better on my neighbor than on me.

4 comments:

my life is brilliant said...

How fun! I want cool neighbors! Mine are all nice, but I'm pretty sure they're in bed by 8 on Saturday nights.

Awesome picture!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Whoohoo!!! Lucky you! I love it when I get to know people and end up being so glad I did hehe!

Jenni Lynn said...

love it that you decided to showcase your rap skillz!

Courtney said...

WOW! I've always dreamed of having cool neighbors to hang out with.