Friday, July 01, 2011

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July weekend, Everyone!!

ventura

It’s been 6 months, and I’m flying home to Nebraska for my favorite holiday. The Biscuit is coming along, and I’m excited for him to experience the festivities with me.

DSC_0819

I am praying constantly that a) our flights would be on time, especially since we’re on different ones and b) the water level at the lake would go down, so I can actually ski – it will be my only chance this summer!

DSC_1189

In addition to fireworks, food, and {potential} boating, we’ll be celebrating this lady’s 80th birthday with a surprise family dinner and time of blessing. I have my note all written up, and I hopefully I won’t break into tears when sharing it with her. She is such an awesome grandma.

DSC_1270

Have a wonderful, warm weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say hi to the Midwest for me!

k said...

your grandma does not look 80!! have a great trip!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Nebraska looks BEAUTIFUL. So funny, we celebrated my grandma's 80th birthday this weekend, as well.

xo

a tall sassy gal said...

I did the fireworks in DC and we loved it. We are at the United States Air Force Memorial.