Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer Weekend

Not wanting to blog is not the issue. It's wanting to blog at the wrong times. I only feel like blogging at work, and I refuse to do it. Yet when I get home, my life seems much less interesting to write about. But I will write anyway . .

My birthday par-tay last weekend was pretty fantastic, I must say. Not only was it held at a pretty sweet rowhouse in D.C., the food was delicious. One of the hosts made smoked ribs, corn on the cob, two types of salad, beans, and more. My music mixes provided the perfect background noise on the patio, and I had a wonderful time flitting from one guest to the next. I felt very blessed that so many people would come just to celebrate my day . . and I especially loved the ones that brought a bottle of wine! :)

I can't believe my party hosts were people I met at a bar just one year ago (the ones the Texan introduced me to). I can't wait to be back at that bar with them this Saturday for the first football game of the season!

On Saturday, I went to a BBQ hosted by my boating boys and received a new pair of ski gloves for a birthday gift. I hope to try them out next weekend! We played many games of Cornhole (bean bag toss), (in which I consistently kicked some serious butt), threw around the football, and just relaxed. We filled our stomachs with seasoned, boiled shrimp, grilled pork loin, bbq beans, potato salad, pasta salad, and chips and dip. And dessert? was s'mores around the firepit after dark. The perfect summer BBQ.

This summer has been wonderful, and I'm a little sad to see it winding down, but football season will be totally worth it!

2 comments:

k said...

Sounds like your birthday weekend was lovely! I love playing cornhole too!

(Oh, and the doc told me I could run as soon as I could bear weight without pain on my hurt knee so I am definitely hopeful that it is sooner rather than later!)

a tall sassy gal said...

I am going to DC area next week. Same place you met me last time. I will let you know details so we can get together. I plan to stay through Saturday to visit with my sister.