Saturday, August 30, 2008

Football Season is Here

Here I sit, in front of the television on a Saturday afternoon.

That will be the opening sentence of every Saturday blog post from now through the 15th of November.

This weekend I turned down a weekend trip to the Jersey Shore with all my girlfriends just to watch the first game of the season at the bar. Had it been on national television, thus able to be watched from the beach house, I still would've stayed in D.C. There's just something about being with 300 Hus.ker fans on football Saturdays.

I have been elected the Game Wa.tch Coordinator this year, so my duty is to handle the raffle every weekend. It's a fun way to get people excited, although the prizes are sometimes less than desirable. And the money goes toward a scholarship fund that sends a D.C. kid to school at the University.

I'm about to paint my toenails red and start playing the fight song.

Happy Game Day!

No comments: