Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hiding Place

Ok . . I’m going to write a post with no pictures. Just say no to picture pressure. It’s part of why I rarely blog anymore. That, and this blog ain’t pretty. But I’m doing this for me. I know I have very few readers anymore, but is that really why I blogged in the first place? I lost sight of why I began blogging, but I want to come back.

I know I’ve said it before but long-distance wedding planning + a wedding workout plan + pre-marital reading and counseling + a long-distance relationship + a full-time job + job-hunting + an upcoming move + a gazillion expenses = A LOT.  There are normally a million thoughts running through my brain, but now? It’s a little out of control.

The importance of silence cannot be underestimated. I absolutely need those times where I get quiet, mentally put each and every thought on the shelf, sit before the Lord and say “I’m ALL Yours. Talk to me.”

That list up there is all important, but He’s the most important. He loves me, AND He’s got it all under control.

I could plan my wedding down to the last detail, but what matters is the covenant I will make before the Lord that day and preparing my heart for that.  

I could work out every day and be the healthiest I’ve ever been, but my identity and beauty is in Him.

I could read a million books and talk to a dozen people about marriage, but above all, I will need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s guidance and receive His grace on a daily basis If I’m to be a godly wife.

I could apply for a hundred jobs, but He knows which one is right for me and when to open that door.

I could save as much as possible to pay for the honeymoon, the ring, furniture, moving, and more, but why stress when He is my provider, and He will give me everything I need?

And you know what? This wedding and this life isn’t all about me. In the midst of the busyness, I want to love God and love people.

So life may be busy and crazy, but sitting at His feet each day . . that’s where it’s at! It’s not busy and crazy there. It’s sweet, it’s peaceful, . . my very own hiding place with my very best friend. All else just fades away. . .

Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."

2 Samuel 22:31 “As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.”

Psalm 91:1 “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Mark 1:35  “It was very early in the morning and still dark. Jesus got up and left the house. He went to a place where he could be alone. There he prayed.”

3 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Completely agree with your first paragraph. That's why I have a blog these days with only my closest friends as readers. No fanfare, iphone photos if any, and my innermost ramblings. Have I given you the link? Here it is: http://betweenthelinesoflife.blogspot.com/

Love that you are taking this post to center yourself and remember what's important. He really does provide everything. I wish I leaned on that more in my early days, but am so, so, so grateful for where I am now and leaning on Him today.

Also? I love that you are wearing your wedding colors today. Now THAT I want to see a picture of :) .

Morgan said...

Amen! I could not agree more! :)

Also, I always love when you blog!!!

Airtraveler said...

God Bless you.