Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A NYC Reunion

- on the train en route to NYC -

It's been just over 2 weeks since I left D in Charlotte. There have been plenty of texts and lots of evening Skype chats, some in which he 'tucks me in', and he is the last person I talk to and pray with before turning over and going to sleep.

Today I'm taking the train up to New York City to attend his company's holiday party and hold his hand. It is an expensive 22 hour trip when you take the train and hotel room into consideration . . but it's already worth it. I just wish I didn't have to share him with all his colleagues, many of which he'll be meeting for the first time (as the company is based in NYC).

I plan to treat myself to my favorite cookies and a blowout before the party. Levain Bakery and Drybar, here I come. If you're going to New York, you've gotta do it right.

I don't think I've ever been so excited on a Tuesday.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I'm so happy you guys get this (short) time together! Definitely worth it! :)