Thursday, July 13, 2006

Two things are frustrating me right now:

1. My hair.
My hair has been a source of frustration for as long as I can remember. The only time I feel it turns out even remotely well, is when I wash it with soft water, which is only at my parents’ house. Otherwise, it’s either too dry from lack of conditioner, or too ‘gunky’ from who knows what. Basically, it feels like I have too much product in it when I have none. I spend FOREVER rinsing out the shampoo and conditioner that I do use. The only time I’m completely happy with my hair is when it’s washed in a salon. It’s always been a great mystery to me how my hair can behave so completely different when someone else washes it! Do hair stylists literally have magic fingers? Several times I’ve tried the very products they use, but to no avail. I tried styling my hair with a round brush the other day, just to see if styling was the issue. Nope. So instead of having silky hair that I can bounce around, my hair will basically stick in whatever position I style it. There’s no real running my fingers through my hair. It’s not usually obvious to those around me that my hair is gross and impossible, but it screams at me constantly. I’ve asked several hair stylists what the solution is and NONE of them have given me an answer. Sometimes I wonder if it would be worth it to pay a stylist to blow it out for me (or at least wash it) once a week or every other week. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

2. My bank account.
Mom, don’t panic. I have plenty of cushion in my bank account. However, the other day, a large amount of money was withdrawn from my checking account when several checks came through. The only reason I knew this was that my debit was declined. I knew it was impossible that I had gone over and sure enough, when I checked, I had plenty of money left. Apparently, unbenownst to me, you can’t go over a certain amount in one day. How was I to know all the checks would go through the same day when I had written them out to different vendors? At any rate, my bank charged me $31 for every check that went below a certain amount. Now, everything appears to be back to normal with my account, but I’m about to file a complaint and beg them to waive the charges. I can understand not allowing me to use my debit card for more than a certain amount in one day . . but charging me when too many checks go through?!

No comments: