Thursday, February 03, 2011

Crazy Snow

Did you hear about the nightmare that was our traffic during last week's wintry mix? Awful. I spent 2 1/2 hours driving a distance that normally takes 11 minutes. But I can't complain when others spent 9 or more hours on the road. I'm thinking perhaps the government will let people out a bit earlier when snow is in the forecast.

2011-01-26_20-37-29_445

It sure was pretty, though. And once I made it to a warm and cozy house, I was happy to have it snow. Plus, I had come prepared with groceries a delicious dinner of mushroom risotto, flounder, broccoli, and a fresh baguette.

2011-01-26_21-58-09_485

Raise your hand if you haven't had snow lately. It seems as though everyone is experiencing crazy weather lately. When will Spring get here??

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hand raised. It doesn't snow here. But believe me, I've had my fair share of snow over my 20+ years living in upstate NY. I'm quite content without snow!

And trust me that it doesn't take snow to cause traffic backups. It took me over 3 hours to get home from the airport last night, which is usually a 45 minute drive. Not quite as bad, but the stop & go traffic caused Alexa to puke.

a tall sassy gal said...

My hand is up. After our ice sitting here all week we have 5 inches of snow on the ground today. Super Bowl people are in for a shock if they can even get here!

Henry said...

Traffic jam is every where in the globe..good thing I don't need to
experience traffic everyday 'coz i'm working at the comfort of my home..