I loved reading about her life in California (now Austin) with her husband and two adorable sons. I was inspired by her desire to invest in her family, and intrigued by how she embraced her role as a young mom. Like me, she enjoys good food and new experiences, and three years ago, we were able to meet up for some fun in Austin – ice-skating on the roof of Whole Foods, a little hike up Mount Bonnell, delicious BBQ in the middle-of-nowhere, and some live country music on SoCo.
The rules upon receiving this award are the following:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.
Here are my 7 random things:
1. I'm in the middle of a two-month spending freeze right now. And by that I mean that only food and absolute necessities are allowed to be purchased – and that includes “fancy” food. The first month has been a bit of a breeze, and I’ve only been tempted to pick up a magazine or buy a groupon here or there. I’ve said no to things like Restaurant Week - *tear* - and a ski trip that keep a nice chunk of money in the bank where it belongs. D has been my “encourager” on #1, and I will admit that he makes it much more motivating. I have fun doing nothing but talking to him (which is free), and if he doesn’t think I need new clothes, I must not . . for at least another month or two. :)
2. I'm so excited to file my taxes. I know it sounds strange. As a single person, claiming zero is like an automatic savings plan.
3. I'm in the middle of a really good book right now called “Manhunt”. I love historical nonfiction, and the detailed story of the search for Abraham Lincoln’s assassin, John Wilkes Booth, has me on the edge of my seat. It’s amazing how much information the author was able to dig up to give such a fascinating play-by-play of events. Thanks for the book, D!
4. I want to practice cooking more often . . with D, at least. It’s way more fun to do it with him. Last Sunday, we made baked ravioli, green beans with caramelized onions (except that I messed up the onions), and rolls. Let’s just say I learned a few things. I have a lot to learn. Right now, I’m a little intimidated in the kitchen, and I know only practice will build my confidence.
5. If I had one day all to myself right now, I’d work out, have a long time of prayer, Bible reading and worship with the Lord, and go through all my design magazines that are piling up unread. I’d like to create a folder with magazine clippings of spaces I love. I need to file images away on my laptop, too.
6. Pertaining to style, I feel like I have none these days. The first thing I think when getting dressed every day is not “what cute outfit can I put together?”, but “what warm outfit can I put together?”. Not that you can’t be warm and fashionable, but after I shower, I’m in too much of a hurry to GET WARM CLOTHES ON BODY to give much thought to style.
7. I think my favorite thing to wear right now is the white Rebel Yell hoodie D gave me for Christmas. It is so cozy! I saw Jessica Simpson (back when I loved her) wearing one of their t-shirts years ago and checked out the brand, but couldn’t bring myself to splurge. Glad D did it for me . . although I know it helps when you get a discount. :)
Here is my list of 10 stylish bloggers I'm loving these days:
- The Fashionista Foodie. I personally know this stylish blogger, and it was so fun to discover that we shared many similar interests, like food, fashion, and blogging. She's been posting some delicious recipes that I'm dying to try!
- The Style Activist. A personal friend of Fashionista Foodie, I've just begun reading her blog. I love the outfits she puts together! Check out her blog roll for lots of other great fashion blogs.
- Kendi Everyday. I find so much inspiration here for everyday outfits. I'm pretty sure I would wear every outfit she does. Check out her 30 for 30 Remix "challenge".
- Cupcakes and Cashmere. My favorite "lifestyle" blogger, Emily doesn't play it safe when it comes to food and fashion. She's always mixing up fabulous ensembles and trying challenging new recipes.
- Whoorl. I love Sarah's witty, sometimes sarcastic, commentary on everything from mommyhood to hair. She actually has a blog about hair and hair products, as well. I also love that she sold me 3 of her like-new J.Crew suits for the price of one jacket. :)
- Girls Like Cars Too. Another real life friend with an eye for beautiful things. She may like cars, but she also loves design, photography, and though she never posts pictures of herself, the girl knows how to dress!
- In the Tweeds. Ok, so here is another stylish blogger I know personally. With a passion for interior design, she's having lots of fun (post-remodel) decorating her new home in Mississippi.
- Mama Loves Papa. You can have four small children and be a stylish mommy. Morgan proves it. I don't know how she manages to look so cute while also dressing/feeding/raising her little ones, but she does!
- Jewels. From Alabama to NYC, from school to full-time job, Julie is having fun exploring the city and sharing her adventures and love of design on her blog.
- Bryn Alexandra. Bryn is one of my very favorite design bloggers with taste very similar to mine. It's been exciting to watch her venture down a new career path in interior design. I'm amazed at all she's accomplished in such a short time.
----So there you have it. Ten stylish bloggers I love. Have fun checking out their blogs if you haven't already! Thanks again, Pink! xo