Tuesday, September 14, 2010

2_ and one month

I can't believe I've been twenty-whatever for an entire month now. {Maybe if I don't say it out loud, I'll forget how old I am?} It feels like just yesterday I was celebrating in Nebraska.

slalomventura2010

This picture is me at my happiest. I've just eaten some of my favorite foods and desserts at the lake {thanks to my mom and grandmas} with people I love, and I'm getting one more ski in before the sun sets.

IMG_2128_2

Mmm, Grandma's baked beans, Mom's potato salad, fresh watermelon and sweet corn, grilled burgers and zucchini . . Why does summer have to be over?

Growing up, there was always an August Birthdays celebration one Sunday of the month where four cousins' birthdays were celebrated, two or three cakes were made, and we all spent the day on the lake. For as long as I can remember, Grandma made angel food cake with a delicious butter and sugar frosting for that party - so that's exactly what I asked her to make this year.

IMG_2140

I had to have a chocolate cake, too, of course. And Mom's hot fudge. And apparently wear a shirt that said LAKE PARTY - wow, that is some big font.

IMG_2149

Dad is the best boat driver in the world, by the way. And he kicks up some amazing spray when he skis. So jealous. :)

IMG_2114_2

On my actual birthday, some friends and family joined me at the Mexican restaurant I've grown up loving. Fortunately my tastes have matured and grown from scrambled eggs and tortillas to beef enchiladas, flour chips and cheesy bean dip. I've always liked the fried ice cream, though.

IMG_2171

And I'm sure some of you might be wondering if there were any cupcakes. Thanks to my friend Sarah, there were! It was so sweet of her to bring me four delicious flavors when I spent time with her, our other friends, and their kids that day. The cupcakes were a big hit, and all the little girls were excited to tell me which ones were their favorites.

IMG_2166

It was a great 29th birthday, and I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way.

IMG_2099

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you are so old :) I'm glad you had a good one.

Your Huskers are coming to play my Huskies this weekend! Hopefully we won't get our butts kicked too bad!

my life is brilliant said...

Love the skiing picture! And that dessert -- all of it! -- looks awesome.

Also love the baby's eyes next to your fried ice cream. :)

So glad your birthday was spent surrounded by your family and friends!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is pretty cool. I am glad you enjoyed your birthday. I love the lighting on the jet skiing picture. Jetskiing is something I will have to try sometime. All of the dessert pictures are appetizing haha. The fact that you reference you friends and family in your captions shows that they are really important to you. I can tell that you do indeed love your life. It's great when you can see that people are happy and enjoying life. The blog I just posted it about my own personal plan for creating excitment in my life. It seems like you have got it all figured out.