Thursday, April 21, 2005

The desk job

Black and white. That is how I would describe this job. Without color. And I love color. Granted, I'm not even out of training yet, but I'm pretty sure that I can safely say that this job is not a colorful job. . .not that I really expected it to be, but I am an extremely optimistic person so I didn't want to form any preconceived ideas about how unsuitable this job was for me. I was just happy to find something to do full-time and get paid quite well for it at that. Plus, there are a lot of positive things about this job, like the pay, the great health insurance, the "normal" hours, the huge potential for advancement, and, of course, the fact that I already have a couple of friends that currently work there. But, it's still a black and white job. I've done some colorful jobs before, though, so I thought perhaps I would surprise myself and enjoy the structure and predictability of a black and white job. And I may very well like it; it's only my fourth day and my frusteration at this point is only with the . . . well, with the lack of structure and predictability in the training program (if you can call it a program). Two things that excite me - 1. There is a window in my "office space" (which I share with three other people) so I won't feel too enclosed (but I will very much wish I was outside on colorful, sunny days) 2. My space will allow me to decorate and express myself with whatever colorful things I choose. So, you see, this job will be great. I can't wait to go tomorrow. I'm going to bed right now.

No comments: