Monday, July 27, 2009

Moving

There is so much I hoped to blog about that has happened this past week, but one thing leads to another, and I just haven't had to time to sit down and write about it. In fact, I don't even have time now.

My bedroommate Lyn and I are in the middle of packing our first moving boxes. We're moving into a house this Sunday! And we get our own rooms! Plus two new, wonderful roommates, both of which I met over Memorial Day in the Outer Banks. We're so excited. I'm looking forward to showing you all my new place, although I'm sure it will take awhile to get settled in.

Hopefully I'll be able to take a few minutes to share about my weekend, but I'm way too into going through all my crap right now. I made lots of lists today - oh how I love making lists. Lists of what "types" of boxes I'd need - one for electronic stuff, one for kitchen stuff, one for mani/pedi stuff; lists of what the roomies and I need for our new place - a grill, a kitchen island for more counter space, a lawnmower (well, hopefully we'll hire it done); lists of everything I need to do before the move. More than will fit into four days! Rather than block out our Saturday for final packing, the 4 of us new roommates are going whitewater rafting with a big group of friends. We're smart like that.

Needless to say, I need to get back to work!

2 comments:

k said...

So much fun! Yay! I love living in a house as opposed to an apartment!

my life is brilliant said...

Exciting!!! Good luck with your packing -- AND the rafting!

P.S. My word verification was "homargly." I think we should work on making this an actual word ...