Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Getting Ready to Go!

I’ve been busy running errands this week in preparation for my upcoming trip to Nebraska. On Monday, it was ZIPS dry cleaners and a Peruvian chicken dinner for me. An eight-mile drive is totally worth it when you can have your clothes dry-cleaned for only $1.99 per item. I would pay over twice that much if I had it done anywhere else. I also made a run to Target for a new top, a Nationals cap for my nephew, and . . the book Twilight. Am I really caving and reading about vampires? Yes, I absolutely am. I’ve been wanting to get back into reading, if only as a way to slow down every once in awhile. But if I’m going to get hooked on this pastime again, it will need to be a very good book. And according to millions of women out there, it doesn’t get any better than this.

Last night I made a trip to the fabric store, also quite a distance from my house. One of my plans while home is to learn how to sew with my grandma, and thanks to an online tutorial I found, I plan to make something I spotted back at the Old Lucketts Store in May. Fingers crossed it goes well, and I don’t hate every minute of it. I’m not much of a sit-still person, but I do love my grandma. :)

And I love so many other people I’m about to see.

I’ll get to see my wonderful parents and sleep in my old room, which is in need of some serious redecoration. Let’s just say I was one of those teenage girls obsessed with periwinkle.

I’ll hopefully find my cat, if she ever comes out of hiding, and I’ll snuggle her little body (I like smaller cats) as long as she’ll let me (which probably won’t be long).

My sister will pick me up from the airport, and I hope her husband will take the couch one night, so I can snuggle with her, too. He’s actually done this before, if you can believe it.

Speaking of sacrifices, my best friend’s husband has done the same before! although she and I won’t be having any sleepovers this time. We will be having a Scrabble night and a baby shower, though! And after this trip, I’ll always be able to see BF on visits to Nebraska, because she and her husband are moving back at the end of the month!

I’ll get to see almost all my cousins on my dad’s side, coming to town from Texas and Indiana, for the big 4th of July celebration at Grandma’s lakehouse. They’re all younger, most of them quite a bit, but I enjoy them probably more than I would cousins my own age. And I’m really looking forward to talks with my aunts and uncles, too.

My niece and nephew and my brother will be around, and I’m hoping to spend some quality play time with them, as well.

Add to that a handful of good friends I’ll be catching up with and you have a very full ten days! Fortunately I’ve blocked out some FREE time on my itinerary. Yes, I have an itinerary, on some days marked down to the hour. Hopefully this trip will still be relaxing, busy as it may be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip HOME! Can't wait to hear all about it!

And...I do hope you're making what I think you're making (and which I hope to make too one of these days)...! Yay for grandmas!