Saturday, August 22, 2009

Looking Forward to Labor Day

Getting cash for your birthday is no fun at all, in my opinion. I never know what to put it toward, and I do miss the fun of wrapping paper. But alas, this is what happens when you get older, and you don’t live close to home. Last year I put all the birthday cash toward a plane ticket to New Hampshire to visit Best Friend and her husband over my birthday, hang out in Boston and quaint towns in Maine and Mass, and spend a couple of nights at her in-laws’ beach house in Salisbury. It was wonderful! This year I’ve decided the cash will be put toward a Labor Day multi-city ticket. I couldn’t say no to free tickets to the Chik-fil-A game in Atlanta, even though it means missing my team’s opening game on pay-per-view at the Pub {tear}. I’ve never been to Atlanta before, and it will give me an opportunity to watch one of our opponents up-close before playing them two weeks later. Virginia Tech (ACC champion) and Alabama will duke it out in what’s sure to be an entertaining showdown on September 5th. On top of a trip to Atlanta, my roommate, her guy, and I will be flying on to the beach in Charleston, SC for two days of sand and sun in a city I’ve been dying to get back to. I can’t wait! {When I listed Hilton Head, SC on my birthday wish list, I guess I wasn’t too far off!}

Here are some pictures from my last trip to Charleston when I stayed on the gorgeous Kiawah Island.


Charleston

View from condo

On the beach

3 comments:

Traveler said...

I will be watching VT-Alabama with other VT Alumni in Omaha. Go Hokies! You have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and a great use of birthday money! I really want to go to Charleston. I'm thinking about using a free ticket I have to go there and Savannah (and pick up 2 of the last 6 states on my list). I just need to find a good deal on a place to stay.

BTW - I think I have that neon green shirt you are wearing - from the GAP?

steve and randel hambrick said...

WHAT?!?!?!?! you KNOW i went to alabama! cant believe you have tickets!!!!!!! let me know if you hear of any extras!!!
and then i was married in charleston-- my all time favorite spot.
YOU, my friend, have the PERFECT weekend planned! J E A L O U S