Monday, August 24, 2009

Ballgame!

A summer with no ballgames in it is not completely summery if you ask me. That’s why I was so glad to finally be going to a game last Friday. It was my 2nd game at the new-as-of-last-year Nationals stadium . . and once again, it poured. Fortunately I had plenty of fun prior to the downpour thanks to free tickets to the Beerpen, a $10 food coupon, and 3 free drinks (which included bottled water, thank goodness, although I do love a cold beer every now and then). Gotta love FREE! The only thing that would’ve made the evening better would’ve been losing the obnoxious Brit that was part of our group. So crass! But I did enjoy singing Mary Poppins tunes with him. I mean, he sounded exactly like Bert! So I guess you could say the night was sort of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! ;) Nerdy, I know, but I couldn't resist.

IMG_0771

IMG_0775

IMG_0780

No comments: