Saturday, February 17, 2007

Week o' Fun

"I'm so excited. Omg, I'm gonna cry, I'm so excited." New Girl is passionate about her alma mater, Boston University. She's been a college grad for only 9 months, but they have been 9 months of reminiscing and desperately wishing the real world hadn't come so soon. She asked me to join in the festivities Monday night as BU faced BC in "The Beanpot" hockey tournament and all BU alumni gathered round the big screens to watch. I'm always up for something different, so I tagged along. I'd have been stupid to turn down free all-you-can-eat buffalo wings or the opportunity to be surrounded by contagious school spirit at a sporting event. It ended up being a good time, and I walked away with a full stomach, a free souvenir glass, and a new favorite sports bar in Chinatown. Check out their pizza:


Tuesday night, I watched my favorite baby in D.C. - Walker. He's starting to say more and more words - mainly "Buh-bye" and "Bawl". And he's so active, now running around the house getting into everything, that after an hour I was more ready to go to bed than he was. Click here to watch him play with the phone/fill his pants after I had just changed him.

Valentine's Day was set to be "the most romantic night of my life" or so the Evite said. After getting stuck in the snow three times in a one hour period, I finally ended up in Georgetown for a fondue party with my girlfriends. Honestly, I think fondue sounds a lot cooler than it is, but the dessert was quite tasty, and like every other V-Day I've had, I wasn't hating my life as a single. How could I be when I was dunking angel food cake and brownie bites in a pot of chocolate and peanut butter?

Last night, I laid low. I never have much energy to speak of on Friday nights. I've already put forth the effort of dressing myself and applying make-up once that day and the thought of doing it again doesn't excite me. I like starting with a fresh palette when getting ready, and I feel anything but fresh at the end of a work day. So instead of going out in public, I opted to cozy up on the couch at the Georgetown house and watch "Last of the Mohicans" and "Steel Magnolias" - two great movies that I'd never seen before. FYI: Edy's Slow Churned Yogurt is delicious, and the vanilla flavored bowl that I had was only 100 calories per half cup. Let's be real, no one is ever going to eat just a half cup, but the number sounds real nice.

Update: I did a little research on Edy's Slow Churned Vanilla Ice Cream v. Yogurt and the calories are the same, but the saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium are slightly lower in yogurt, while the sugar and carbs are slightly higher. Interesting, no?

6 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
a tall sassy gal said...

Steel Magnolias...I can't believe you had never seen it. I cry each and everytime I watch it. Glad you had a great week!

Stacey said...

Edy's french silk ice cream is amazing. I think it has half the fat as regular ice cream ... for a "light" dessert, it's amazingly delish. :)

my life is brilliant said...

That pizza looks awesome! And Walker is so cute! Adorable video! lol

I can't believe you'd never seen Steel Magnolias! It's one of my faves!

I definitely think I'm going to try that ice cream. Mmm!!

k said...

that pizza looks delish! i'm drooling over here!

Unknown said...

YUM that looks amazing! I am hungry for some pizza now! mmm.

I've heard that yogurt is higher in sugar too... I guess it just depends on what you're trying to watch (fat, sugar, whatever) when you make the decision on what to eat.