Saturday, February 10, 2007

blessings

We gathered tonight for a cabaret-style dinner: wine and amazing food and chocolate souffle and singing waiters. Six co-workers that still like each other on the weekends. It's nice. We toasted to camaraderie . . and promotions. New Girl and I will bid farewell to the ____ floor on Monday and move our things upstairs a floor. More responsibility and more money. Two very fantastic things. And both of us in the same department. The concern (voiced by co-workers) over our ever being parted has been assuaged. And I'm glad. Because she brings laughter to my day. I roll my eyes and smile simultaneously. The girl I once wished to the other side of the office is now my best friend in the District. She's one reason in many that I love my job and I love my new home. One proof of many that God is the orchestrator of my life.

1 comment:

my life is brilliant said...

Congrats! Sounds like a fun night. :)