Thursday, October 20, 2005

Pepperoni Rolls

Yay! I "slaved" over pepperoni rolls the other night for our potluck today at work. But they were all nearly gone before lunchtime, which means they were a big hit. I've had a few people ask me for the recipe already.

1 pkg. Rhodes frozen dinner rolls
1 jar baby dill pickles
1 jar Grey Poupon Dijon mustard (with flecks)
2 pepperoni logs/sticks

Set rolls on cookie sheet (2 inches apart) and let rise for 2-3 hours. Mince at least half a jar of dill pickles. Cut pepperoni into smaller, skinny sticks.

Preheat oven to 375.

Take each roll and flatten into “mini pizza” (using rolling pin, but don’t make too thin). Spread thin layer of mustard. Sprinkle the pickle relish in the middle and put 4-5 little pepperoni sticks. Fold two ends in and roll up (like a burrito) and pinch together.

Bake for 15 minutes.
____________________________________________________________
I had some seasoned fried chicken from the potluck and wondered who made it. It was so-so. I wish I hadn't asked, because it only confirmed my fear. It was the one girl (ok, one of two) that grosses me out and we suspect she doesn't wash her hands after using the bathroom. Ugh! I feel gross. Reminds me of Dad's definition of potluck:

You're lucky if you find the pot your wife brought.

I did, however, have some delicious banana pudding. Though it was very good, it still doesn't touch the kind I had in southern Alabama a year ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

YUM that sounds soooooooo delicious!!!! Wish I had some now. :)

k said...

Sounds yummy. Unfortunetly I am allergic to mustard (weird, yes but not as weird as the other foods I am allergic to like watermelon?!?!).

Do you think if I skipped the mustard, the would still be good??

L said...

Hmm, good question. I think they would still be good, but they may not be quite as moist in the middle. I should try a couple w/o the mustard and see how they turn out.
Those ARE weird things to be allergic to. I'm not allergic to any foods (that I know of). Sometimes I think it would be a good thing if I was allergic to chocolate and ice cream, though.