Monday, February 04, 2008

not so Super Tuesday

I do NOT want to vote tomorrow. I know I need to be a good American and exercise my wonderful right to have a say in our country's future. And typically I feel very passionately about doing so.

But I don't like a single candidate! On either side!

I may like certain things about certain people, where they stand on certain issues. I may like how someone carries himself. I may think someone is a fantastic speaker. Maybe someone even gives me goosebumps. But maybe that person's voting record sucks! Or maybe there is one major, major issue that I just won't compromise on. Maybe they are just posing as a moderate! Or a conservative! Maybe I don't want to cast my vote for any one of them.

The frustration is coming out my ears. I hate not being able to get behind someone and really feel good about supporting them. I hate not feeling optimistic about the next four years.

8 comments:

Lindsay Blake said...

amen and amen.

Pink Sun Drops said...

Brando feels the same way. I feel like I haven't even bothered to educate myself on anything enough to know a difference - only hearsay.

chloe said...

Oh, I like a few...but I'm currently between states. I mean, I have lived in Utah for about 18 months, but my license is still AZ, my car is still registered there, so I'm not registered to vote. Too bad.

k said...

you and me need to remember never to talk politics :)

k said...

oh, and by the way... cooking is better when you can at least sit down and eat the meal with someone you enjoy spending time with. still not great, but better.

Jenni Lynn said...

I did my civil duty today and went to jury duty, so I excused myself from voting, which is really weird and confusing in Colorado anyway, because we don't actually vote for a candidate. (bad excuse I know)

my life is brilliant said...

Amen!

Oh, wait. Lindsayblake totally stole my comment. :) lol

a tall sassy gal said...

I feel the same way and that is sad that we do. But don't think anything is going to change it at this point.